This little exercise of gratefulness has been going around the world of Facebook this month in honor of the Thanksgiving holiday. I’ve taken a bit of a break from time spent on Facebook but liked the gesture of practicing thankfulness every day this month. Below are all of the wonderful blessings that I’m thankful for. What a great month it has been meditating upon and spending time in thanks for all of these things. All I can say is, God is so good!
1. I am thankful for my amazing loving husband. We are celebrating 3 wonderful years of marriage today. I’ve never loved or needed anyone more. He brings me laughter and smiles when I am feeling sorrow. He brings me joy and contentment when I’m feeling “not good enough”. He brings me peace and security when I’m feeling anxious. He gives me strength and protection when I’m feeling weak. He is, by far, the love of my life.
2. I am incredibly thankful for our warm, sweet, beautiful home and a place to lay my weary body at the end of the day. I never feel more safe, content and at peace than I am at home. I acknowledge every day what a blessing it is and how lucky we are to have such a truly amazing place to call our own.
3. I am thankful for PAYDAY and for having a job that helps us live the lifestyle that we do. I’m thankful to have been employed for so many years of my life when so many go without a job and need one desperately.
4. I’m thankful for my fun dog who has brought so much joy and good times to our lives the past few years. I firmly believe that he has helped us prepare for parenthood. He makes us laugh, keeps us active and challenges us every day.
5. I’m thankful for sweet date nights with my hubby, however simple and unplanned they are, since they are few and far between. We always have fun, whether it’s a romantic dinner at a nice restaurant or just heading to Costco together. I love spending time with him and just being ourselves.
6. I am thankful to belong to a wonderful church where I feel at home, can worship freely, can serve and am surrounding by loving, supportive people.
7. I am thankful for a fridge full of groceries and a pantry full of recipes because it means that we’ve never gone hungry and likely won’t for a long time, if ever. I’m thankful that every day, not only are my needs met, but so many of my wants too.
8. I’m thankful for the cooler winter weather that has arrived bringing cool breezes, cleaner air, early morning fog, and chilly nights snuggled underneath a blanket.
9. I’m thankful for the gift of hearing the beautiful sounds of my baby’s heartbeat and little kicks at 13 weeks. It’s the most beautiful sound in the entire world.
10. I am thankful for quiet evenings and the time of the day that the hubby and I get to walk Jackson and talk about our days. It’s one of my favorite times of the day.
11. I am thankful for all the wonderful men and women who serve this country in our military… for their dedication, their great sacrifice, for their courage and for their honor. This country of ours would be a different place without them and I am so incredibly grateful for them and what they do for us every day.
11. I am thankful for family. Though ours is far from perfect, it’s filled with love, compassion, hospitality, warmth and fun. I embarrass at the thought that it’s taken me 25+ years to truly appreciate my parents and all that they did for my brother and I, from staying married all these years, to providing a loving, safe home, to making sure all of our needs and most of our wants were fulfilled. I know it was not done without great sacrifice and dedication on their part.
12. Sometimes it’s the simple things… I’m thankful for a warm shower and an early bedtime when it’s been a tough day.
14. I’m thankful for friendships and for the few women in my life that I love and trust and who treat me with respect and who encourage me. They give me hope and open up my heart to greater things than I thought possible.
15. I’m thankful for deep and heartfelt conversations with a friend that you truly trust and who you know has your best interest at heart.
16. I’m thankful for Puffs Plus tissues with lotion when I have the sniffles. 🙂
17. I thankful for the opportunities and talents that God has given me to pursue my passions and hobbies. There is something so great about that moment when you realize you’re doing something you really love. God’s given me a lot of interests and the time and ability to pursue them.
18. I am thankful for this fertile rich valley that we live in that provides us (and most of the country) with delicious, nutritious food from the orchards, vineyards, animals and ground. It’s got to be the best produce in the world!
19. I’m thankful for the joy of getting ready for the holidays in our home. Taking our Christmas picture, thinking about decorating, planning recipes and picturing what our first Christmas celebrated at home will be like.
20. I’m thankful for restful, peaceful, rainy days, where the only thing you need to do is relax and listen to the drops fall on the windows and roof. It’s incredibly calming.
21. I’m thankful for knowledgeable and kind nurses, doctors and other professionals that are guiding me through this pregnancy. I feel very supported and looked after. It’s a great and calming security.
22. I’m thankful for my parents and their love and support. In spending time with them this evening I realize that their home will always feel like home to me. I love being around them, sharing stories and laughs and just being ourselves.
23. I’m thankful for the treat of getting off early and an afternoon of doing whatever I feel like doing. I’m so excited for this long holiday weekend.
24. I’m thankful, through circumstances not under our control and not planned, that we got to spend Thanksgiving with my parents. Though we’ve loved our solo Thanksgivings the last couple of years, this one was really sweet and fun.
25. I’m extremely thankful, though challenging, that growing a baby has forced me to slow down. Not only to relax but just to SLOW DOWN when doing everyday tasks that I used to rush and stress through. I’m learning to listen to my body and its cues and it’s a very good thing for me.
26. I’m thankful for the approaching holidays and time to celebrate with family. I’m thankful that we have a lot to celebrate and pray that I focus on the right things this year.
27. I’m thankful for these past 4 days off of rest and any sort of routine. They have been restful, peaceful and enjoyable. Just what our souls needed!
28. I’m thankful for the people that rally beside me and support when I’m having a tough time – whether they are friends, co-workers, my amazing husband or family… they bless me.
29. I’m thankful for the joy and passion I get for baking and for the wonderful fall flavors that we get to savor and smell… cinnamon, warm apples, pumpkin, peppermint, eggnog… ultimate comfort food.
30. I’m thankful for my energy coming back this trimester and being able to have the “spunk” again to run around and check items off my To Do list!