It’s been a long time since I’ve done one of my favorites posts! I figured it would be fun to post a few of the things that I’m semi-obsessing over this month. Hope you enjoy!
1. It’s no secret that I’m a sucker for accessories. ESPECIALLY at this point in my life, being 6 1/2 months pregnant and having almost NOTHING fit or feel flattering. Accessories always fit! And, if you stick with basic clothes, accessories can really be the foundation in your personal style. For that reason, I’m loving Chloe and Isabel’s summer collection, Moroccan Summer. The colors are gorgeous! The designs are fresh and fun. I’m loving the whole collection. Yes, I am a merchandiser for Chloe and Isabel, so following the link above will take you to my shop. NO obligations to buy at all. I just really do LOVE this collection.
2. I have such a huge love for papercrafts and memory keeping. Though I have always wanted to dive into the world of scrapbooking, I’m smart enough to know that I don’t have the time to really invest in it. While perusing through Michael’s on a rare afternoon out by myself I stumbled upon the Project Life collection by Becky Higgins. The concept is still scrapbooking but it’s done in an ultra simple and easy to use system. You basically start with an album and some album pages that resemble pocketed page protectors and you fill it with small pre-designed cards, clippings, photos and embellishments. Just Google “Project Life” and click on the images and you will see what I mean. AMAZING results! And I can work on one small page at a time without having scads of paper, stickers, photos and equipment strewn across my desk. I’ve been working on an album of Summer 2014 and am just loving it.
3. “Baby… will you massage my feet? PLEEEEASE! I’m pregnant. PLEAAASE!” is a phrase my poor husband has had to hear a lot lately (and when I was pregnant with Little C). My feet drive my crazy when I am pregnant and I would do anything to make them feel (and look) better. I discovered this Susan Brown’s Baby Foot Therapy Cream through one of my subscription boxes (can’t remember which one) and really love it. It has a light and pretty scent. It absorbs quickly and it keeps my feet baby soft. My nightly routine has started to include massaging this into my feet (and yes, I let me hubby off the hook and do it myself) and then putting soft cotton socks on top to really encourage it to soak in.
4. Since leaving the corporate office world and joining the corporate work from home world, I have dramatically reduced the amount of makeup I wear and the amount of time I spent applying makeup. I still LOVE makeup, but I’ve searched really hard for products that are time saving and multitasking. I had heard some good reviews on Loreal’s Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation and decided to try it and have to say that I am loving it. It is a bit of a strange texture – very liquid, but it transforms into a soft powder that settles beautifully into the skin without looking too cakey or powdery. I usually put on my moisturizer and a bit of primer then pour a few drops of this into the palm of my hand. I then use just a few fingers from my other hand to apply it in sections all over my face. It has decent coverage and lasts a fair amount of the day as well, despite our sweltering summer temps. It’s a winner.
5. As our family has grown and is now growing even bigger, my hubby and I have been able to experience some really fun adventures in parenthood. The tough part has been making time and extending extra effort into keeping our marriage strong and passionate. I heard about the You & Me app and thought it was such a cute and fun concept for couples. After a bit of prodding and begging, I was able to convince my husband to download it and start using it (the tough part) and we’ve been having a lot of fun with it. It is a fun platform for multi media messaging (texts, photos, etc) and also for memory keeping (songs, photobooth shots, secrets, videos, etc). It has such a slick, streaming design and has been such a fun way for the hubbs and I to take a break from our busy days and express love in fun, silly and romantic ways.
That’s it for June! Hope everyone is surviving the heat… I’m barely going to make it.
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway by commenting on this post and telling me your summer plans. Don’t miss out!